Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
What we do together, makes a difference
Thank you so much for participating in the 36th annual Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction. We will be occupying half the streets on West 44th and West 45th Streets, separated from the street traffic with a wall of barricades.
Section Captains have been assigned to the six sections of the flea market and will be available to you throughout the day to address any problems or concerns. They will also be distributing supplies, coordinating volunteers and helping to communicate with the Broadway Cares staff.
What to bring
- Start the day with a bank of $200 using fives, singles and change.
Broadway Cares does not provide change to start the day.
- One person with a fanny pack or bag to hold your cash.
- Tablecloths or table coverings. The tables provided are basic wooden rental tables.
- Your sign or banner if you are providing your own. We will provide zip ties and sticks to hang.
- Comfortable shoes, and if you plan on staying all day long, a change of socks.
- A warm smile and sense of humor.
When to arrive
- Please do not arrive before 8 am. All tables and chairs will be pre-set by volunteers. Please do not move your table position. If you have questions about your set up, please locate your section captain.
- If arriving with a delivery vehicle we ask that you be as quick as possible. There will be only a single lane of traffic, and it will be open to all through traffic.
NOTE: You are responsible for the parking of your vehicle outside the flea market.
- The Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction officially opens at 10 am although some buyers will arrive earlier. Do not feel obligated to sell until you are ready.
Staffing your table
- You should arrange to have at least 2 people working at your table at all times.
- It works best if only one person handles the money.
- Please be sure to arrange for someone from your company to be responsible for the breakdown of your table and clean up. Tables must be completely clear by 6 pm, but you may break down earlier if you have sold all your merchandise.
What we provide
- Reusable shopping bags. These can be given as a reward for a high level purchase OR be sold for a suggested $5 donation. Please encourage people to reduce their use of plastic.
- Plastic bags for merchandise. If you run out, find your Section Captain to obtain more.
- A Broadway Cares staff member will stop by between 10-10:30 am to drop off a gray envelope for cash collection.
- Each table will be issued a designated Clover payment device for credit cards, Apple Pay and Google Pay. These are digitally programmed specifically for your table, so they must be used only at your table. Please do not share among tables.
- Trash bags to keep your area clean throughout the day.
Pricing and selling strategy
- Price beforehand if possible.
- If you have a lot of something, price it lower. One-of-a kind, surplus opening night gifts and autographed items are of great value, so price higher.
- Dealers, shop owners and serious fans come early to shop at the Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction. Feel free to haggle.
- Matinee time is a fine time to make the first markdown, and late day is a great time to condense and sell groups of things at a bargain price. Price to sell!
How people can pay
- All major credit cards and tap to pay methods.
- Checks can be made payable to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
What to do with the money
- Two collections will be made during the day by Broadway Cares. Make sure you have totaled your sales prior to pickup.
- the first collection will be between 12:30 pm and 1 pm
- the second collection will be between 5:30 pm and 6 pm
- If you need additional collections or have issues with your banking, please find your Section Captain who can contact our finance staff, or visit the Payment Center in Shubert Alley.
- If your table is closing early and your money has not been collected, please turn it in at the Payment Center in Shubert Alley.
End of day and clean up
- You are responsible for breaking down tables and folding chairs when finished.
- All trash must be placed in trash bags and left near trash receptacles.
- Please break down all boxes.
- All table areas must be clear by 6 pm.
We do not have anywhere for leftover items to be stored. Each table is responsible for the complete clearing of their area at the end of the day. Please take everything with you or dispose of everything properly.
Sadly, any items left behind will be considered garbage. They must be packed in garbage bags before you depart and left curbside for pickup.
Thank you so much for hosting a table and raising funds on behalf of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
Let us know if you have special events or appearances at your table by emailing email@example.com. We may be able to promote them during the Silent Auction and to our fans and followers on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Tweet, update your Facebook status and share photos on Instagram. Be sure to tag @bcefa and use #BroadwayFlea. Let everyone know about the great things at your table.